dumpling night!

Fighting the urge to just buy a package of ramen and call it a night, I decided to try out a recipe I found on steamykitchen: pork dumplings!


* photo credit: steamykitchen, recipe found here: http://steamykitchen.com/5849-chinese-boiled-pork-dumplings.html

The recipe called for napa cabbage, but I think I messed up and instead bought regular lettuce because i got thrown off by the napa cabbage-like shape. but esta bien, it was still good!

I'm kind of handicapped because I don't have a food processor, but I just did my thing with a fork and chopped up the pieces a little more and it was fine.

i made about fifty of them and i froze a whole bunch for the next lazy night that i have. i think (but this could just be my inflated ego talking) they taste markedly better than frozen ones, and it really isn't that much work! AND I didn't even get the recipe altogether correct!

though, I would say that next time I make these I'm going to get thinner wrappers; the potsticker wrap that she recommended was kinda thick and a touch overwhelming.


Comments

joellen said…
good job allison! you make it sound doable-- i might just have to try it!
CM said…
ooo! my small group had a wonton/gyoza night on tuesday! i didn't know you were such a cook! =b

Popular posts from this blog

Bringing LeBron to the Bay

dukbukki...but not

no soda makes allison crazie