sitting

I sit a lot. I spend most of my day sitting. When I am not sitting, I am in a fetal position in my bed or I am slouching while walking. My back likes being in a slightly hunched position; I like being in a slightly hunched position.

I took a semester of ballet in college. At first I thought it would be a perfectly lovely thing and I would dance like a sugar plum fairy dancing on the tip of a crescent moon, but in reality it was a hard class and surprise of all surprises, I am really uncoordinated. One of the first things that we learned in that class was to elongate ourselves and straightening our posture by imagining that a string ran through our spines all the way up through the tops of our heads, and then pretending as if there was someone pulling us up by that string at the top.

Every once in awhile, I try it and it's kind of refreshing; it's kind of like taking out something scrunched in a box that really shouldn't be scrunched up in a box and returning it to its original shape. It's nice for a few moments and then I scrunch back down because that's just an easier position to hold.

not that I've experienced any significant back pain or anything, but I'm realizing that all this sitting and hunching over isn't the best for my posture or back. My friend at work had raved about Bikram yoga, but I dun live close to her yoga studio so I had to shoot down that idea. Though, she does claim that since starting her daily yoga workouts, her craving for cigarettes has curbed.

In my infinite cheapness I then decided to check out what yoga videos I might find on youtube. Anyhoo, I found a semi-cheesy one that was supposed to promote back health. I felt kind of silly but honestly, after five minutes of it and I stood up and walked around, I felt so much better. I actually stood taller, or at least I felt it. I read somewhere once that Jennifer Anist@n claims that she grew half an inch since starting yoga and I balked at that, but I believe her now.

So anyhoo, you should check it out! The video was really just stretching but it was really nice. check it out!

Comments

Who Me? said…
I tried Yoga on Sunday...I must be ADD though because I got really bored. However, one thing I did get out of it was feeling taller. You can also try this out...it's free! http://www.yogatoday.com/
alexthegirl said…
You didn't post the link. How am I supposed to find the exact same one.

Popular posts from this blog

Bringing LeBron to the Bay

dukbukki...but not

no soda makes allison crazie