of this i am sure




we're currently at the base of a steep climb that is the legal writing final; the adult part of me says that it is a good exercise in my chosen career and the reaped rewards will be many, but you know, as for now it's all too dim of a light at the end of the tunnel.

The added challenge this time around is having to actually do the dreaded research to form the paper. It is far too easy to fall into a never ending lexis nexis hole and waste a lot of hours putting in dead end search terms.

btw, i'm sorry if this is boring and you find no obvious significance to your life. Just as kitsch, the above picture is of a poptart with the virgin mary's picture burned on top. judge for yourself.

so the million dollar trick up the sleeve, my dear friends, is secondary sources. They have these beautiful encyclopedia-like volumes that basically synthesize and explain to you many many factions of the law, complete with applicable case law. :: hallelujah!::

Frankly, after using them and being rescued by these magical things, I have come to the conclusion that I believe very strongly in precisely these two things, at the very least:

1) the saving grace of Jesus Christ

2) secondary sources

If you ever want me to expound on either of these two things, let me know and we can have a chat.















Comments

alexthegirl said…
1. How'd you get your toaster to get that?
and
2. My favorite verse:
O to grace how great a debtor
daily I'm constrained to be!
Let thy goodness, like a fetter,
bind my wandering heart to thee.
Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it,
prone to leave the God I love;
here's my heart, O take and seal it,
seal it for thy courts above.

I've never really known what fetter means.

Popular posts from this blog

Bringing LeBron to the Bay

dukbukki...but not

no soda makes allison crazie