aiyah!

There's a smoke detector in the kitchen of my rental unit, well actually there's technically two, one right on the outside of the door, and the other inside and near the back entrance. They both hate me.

I make a stirfry, the one inside freaks out and starts wailing "BEEP BEEEP BEEEEEEEEEP" and in vain I try to reason with it ("come on COME ON!!!", fanning paper in front of its blank face, etc.), and I'm tempted to stoop to its level and scream back at it but of course, that would be silly. Finally, it stops. But then its charming cousin right outside the door starts wailing itself; softer, with a more demure "beep beep beep beep." And then when Cousin stops, the other one starts up again. ::poking my eyes out::

I try to make toast, and they protest. They are even up to protesting at 6:30 in the morning. Even opening the back door, turning up the fans over the stove real high, opening the windows up wide seem to do nothing. You can never tell what might set them off. Though they seem to like it when I make poptarts. They don't freak out when I make poptarts.

* ______ *

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bringing LeBron to the Bay

dukbukki...but not

no soda makes allison crazie