horse

I played a game of H-O-R-S-E this past weekend. The hyphens are there to make sure that you all understand that I didn't stand around and go "neigh neigh" or don a saddle or something. No.

Anyways, I played and it was fun. I've always wanted to be one of those girls who could play something fierce on the basketball court and drive the ball down the court like nobody's business. Not to ruin the suspense, but surprise surprise, I'm not. I kind of took the hint when one of my guy friends started calling me "Allie-oops" (Oops as in "oops i spilled my milk!") and I noticed that all players on the court would halt once I got the ball, giving me open and ample opportunity to shoot without interference or guarding from the other team - and yet I still missed the shot. For shame! So I hung up my jersey and moved on.

I decided to head over to the school gym to work on my shot today, borrowing a woman's sized basketball from the equipment room and setting up shop on a half court. After twenty or so minutes, this really really tall guy comes over with his own basketball and asks if he can join me. He was aloof and had an air of "i know how to play basketball real well" about him - I was intimidated. Five minutes later, I picked up my ball and walked back to the equipment room and got my id card back. Good times!

Comments

alexthegirl said…
Maybe next time, I'll join you. I'm sure we can out-intimidate him.
Mii said…
i can be a cheerleader for you guys!

Popular posts from this blog

Bringing LeBron to the Bay

dukbukki...but not

no soda makes allison crazie