hello!
This summer has been excellent so far. Too bad s****l has to start soon.
Bay Area Legal Aid has been an awesome place to be. I work in the family law department, working with domestic violence survivors. We do a lot of child custody and spousal support stuff, with some immigration law mixed in. It's really a privilege to be able to work with such a caring and effective staff here at BayLegal. I've really learned a lot.
Weddings are always excellent - this summer THREE of my high school buddies got married, two to each other! Check my facebook if you want to see pictures - i'm too lazy to put them here. so sorry. It was beautiful to witness the commitments they made on their wedding days to each other and to God.
YSMP was a very eye-opening experience for me. I was surprised that I didn't want to leave at the end of the week (and that's saying a lot, as I'm not one to readily give up the comforts of home). That week was meaningful to me because for the first time in a long time, I felt like a whole person, in that what I was doing was something very wonderful and really resonated with God wanted me to be doing in my life - really making ministering and serving His people as the main focus and goal in my life. At any rate, I had to come home, but hopefully that spirit carries on into my every day life here.
Rory has been home with us for the summer while Bran is here and because there's no other way to say it, she is really really cute. My parents have really taken a shine to her, against their prior better judgment, mainly because well, she is really really cute. This is even in spite of the fact that her pee has a syrup-like consistency and is the color of yellow highlighter, that she has a tendency to want to eat her own poo, and that she poos like a million times a day. Being cute truly trumps all.
Okay it's time for Naan n Curry.
XOXOXOXOXOXOX,
Allison
Bay Area Legal Aid has been an awesome place to be. I work in the family law department, working with domestic violence survivors. We do a lot of child custody and spousal support stuff, with some immigration law mixed in. It's really a privilege to be able to work with such a caring and effective staff here at BayLegal. I've really learned a lot.
Weddings are always excellent - this summer THREE of my high school buddies got married, two to each other! Check my facebook if you want to see pictures - i'm too lazy to put them here. so sorry. It was beautiful to witness the commitments they made on their wedding days to each other and to God.
YSMP was a very eye-opening experience for me. I was surprised that I didn't want to leave at the end of the week (and that's saying a lot, as I'm not one to readily give up the comforts of home). That week was meaningful to me because for the first time in a long time, I felt like a whole person, in that what I was doing was something very wonderful and really resonated with God wanted me to be doing in my life - really making ministering and serving His people as the main focus and goal in my life. At any rate, I had to come home, but hopefully that spirit carries on into my every day life here.
Rory has been home with us for the summer while Bran is here and because there's no other way to say it, she is really really cute. My parents have really taken a shine to her, against their prior better judgment, mainly because well, she is really really cute. This is even in spite of the fact that her pee has a syrup-like consistency and is the color of yellow highlighter, that she has a tendency to want to eat her own poo, and that she poos like a million times a day. Being cute truly trumps all.
Okay it's time for Naan n Curry.
XOXOXOXOXOXOX,
Allison
Comments