Small towels
As we’re getting settled here in South Korea, I wanted to document and share a few interesting things we’ve come across. First up: small towels.
We first arrived at our AirBnB and I poked around the cabinets, distinctly remembering the positive call out in a review. I was greeted by the bathroom cabinet with several rows of rolled towels. Beautiful, I said to myself - AirBnB reviews are the best, so candid. Out rolled onto my hand was this small towel. Not a face towel, but like the kind you would see as a guest hand towel on that hoop on the wall next to the sink. 40 x 80 cm (about 15 x 30 inches). So not truly a tiny towel, but not a towel that you would feel supremely confident with after a thorough shower.
I searched again, but ultimately returned back to the bathroom cabinet where I searched those grey towels again in vain. I started a draft to the AirBnB host, “it looks like there’s no bath towels, sorry if I’m looking in the wrong place???”
It turns out I’m the one who is wrong - they have smaller thinner towels because in this humidity it’s harder for everything to dry, they’re more single use, and you might use a couple at a time. We went to a Tar-get like store and the biggest towel they had was ~70 x 120 cm (28 x 47 in) so we bought those up. In case you’re wondering, they have been drying okay.
Comments