I really like my steam mop
Our current kitchen and eating area has a linoleum floor covering that at least dates to the eighties, meaning it’s not old enough to look cool vintage and just looks aggressively dated, and is this square pattern in a mix of pattern with splotches and dots that you can never tell by sight whether the floor is dirty or not. I gauge my need to clean more by when my husband and kid seem to be picking crumbs off their bare feet more than usual. I wear slippers and am oblivious otherwise.
I’m not a great housewife. I love cooking but cleaning is hard for me. The day we got a dishwasher was and remains a red letter day for me. But, the kitchen floor was getting very sticky and I had a mop but I felt like I was swishing around dirty water back onto the floor and besides, I was way too lazy to do that regularly, and let’s be honest there’s too much good tv out there to be spending my nights after work or weekends doing that.
Enter the steam mop. One of the reviews a guy said “I love this mop almost as much as I love my wife” and I cringed when I read that but what an endorsement! I bought it and am happy to report it has changed my mopping ways.
What I really appreciate is how it uses distilled water and steam to clean and disinfect rather than cleaners. The side of the box claims that if you hold the mop over an area for some seconds it kills over 98% of the bacteria which seems pretty good to me! I do an initial sweep and swiffer and run it over the space and the floors feel much better and the whole thing takes about twenty minutes with clean up being to stick the reusable microfiber cloths in the wash. This is probably not enough but I can handle doing this about once a month now. Okay that’s a lie, once every six weeks.
I’m not a great housewife. I love cooking but cleaning is hard for me. The day we got a dishwasher was and remains a red letter day for me. But, the kitchen floor was getting very sticky and I had a mop but I felt like I was swishing around dirty water back onto the floor and besides, I was way too lazy to do that regularly, and let’s be honest there’s too much good tv out there to be spending my nights after work or weekends doing that.
Enter the steam mop. One of the reviews a guy said “I love this mop almost as much as I love my wife” and I cringed when I read that but what an endorsement! I bought it and am happy to report it has changed my mopping ways.
What I really appreciate is how it uses distilled water and steam to clean and disinfect rather than cleaners. The side of the box claims that if you hold the mop over an area for some seconds it kills over 98% of the bacteria which seems pretty good to me! I do an initial sweep and swiffer and run it over the space and the floors feel much better and the whole thing takes about twenty minutes with clean up being to stick the reusable microfiber cloths in the wash. This is probably not enough but I can handle doing this about once a month now. Okay that’s a lie, once every six weeks.
Comments