Good decisions
On Thursday I made a good decision. That morning I popped open a new set of contacts and one felt weird the whole day, so in the afternoon I got up from my desk at work and walked to the bathroom to take it out and give it a nice rinse under the sink to refresh it. I washed my hands, stood in front of the mirror and of course the moment I took out the offending contact, it bounced off my fingertip and landed on the bathroom floor.
At that point, one has a few options - I knew my coworker had some contact solution at her desk, I could rub some on there and pop it back in. I could stick the contact in my mouth to "clean" it and pop it back in. I could rinse it under running water. Or I could throw it away and spend the afternoon squinting like a pirate.
Similar situation happened in high school when I dropped a skittle on the locker room floor. I froze and thought hard because i like skittles a lot. I ended up throwing it away because as the practical sort will tell you, it's not worth it considering how dirty the locker floor is. You'd be eating feet and whatever else has made contact with the floor and other flora.
So in the same vein, I made a good decision here, I threw it away. I have to admit though that this was largely less because of a concern for hygiene and more because my coworker was on the phone and i didn't have the chance to ask to borrow the solution. I stood waiting with the dirty contact in my hand for longer than I'd like to admit. It was a weird rest of the day though I couldn't really make good eye contact and stairs were a little hard.
At that point, one has a few options - I knew my coworker had some contact solution at her desk, I could rub some on there and pop it back in. I could stick the contact in my mouth to "clean" it and pop it back in. I could rinse it under running water. Or I could throw it away and spend the afternoon squinting like a pirate.
Similar situation happened in high school when I dropped a skittle on the locker room floor. I froze and thought hard because i like skittles a lot. I ended up throwing it away because as the practical sort will tell you, it's not worth it considering how dirty the locker floor is. You'd be eating feet and whatever else has made contact with the floor and other flora.
So in the same vein, I made a good decision here, I threw it away. I have to admit though that this was largely less because of a concern for hygiene and more because my coworker was on the phone and i didn't have the chance to ask to borrow the solution. I stood waiting with the dirty contact in my hand for longer than I'd like to admit. It was a weird rest of the day though I couldn't really make good eye contact and stairs were a little hard.
Comments