AT LAST

Every once in awhile, a recipe calls for tomato paste, which always comes in a teeny can. You never ever need the entire can, so after scooping out the one tablespoon I need, I usually half-heartedly stick the little can with its remainder back in the fridge, knowing that in a week or so I will be sadly throwing it out. I guess the good news is that tomato paste is fairly cheap and so it doesn't really hurt in a financial way, but it seems wasteful all the same.

Today I was at Trader Joe's looking for the teeny cans of tomato paste when HOORAH I SAW THIS:


http://www.cooktj.com/files/node_images/5581/Trader%20Joes%20Tomato%20Paste.jpg

I almost called my mom, I was so excited. The box reads "How many times have you opened a can of tomato paste...and only needed a tablespoon or two? Tomato paste in a tube to the rescue. Use what you need, recap and refrigerate for future tablespoons!" It was like they wrote it for me. And it costs 99 cents. NINETY NINE CENTS!

Greatest Saturday ever.


Comments

Who Me? said…
wow! That is really really awesome...yeah I pretty much hate it too when I can't use the whole can of tomato paste.
CM said…
haha. awesome! i've had something similar happen where i've realized my old housemate planted green onion and basil in the yard so i no longer have to buy the bunches from the store. i always end up with rotten leftovers.

Popular posts from this blog

Bringing LeBron to the Bay

dukbukki...but not

no soda makes allison crazie