bugs and lightbulbs


A few months ago one of the light bulbs in the light fixture in my rental blew out, leaving me half hearted light. Because I am a lazy girl, and because I convinced myself that I was being green by technically making do with half the energy I would normally consume on lightbulbs, I didn't bother to replace the light bulb. It was dim in there, but for the most part I was as happy as a clam.

The sunlight yesterday inspired me to buy new lightbulbs, energy saving ones. So balancing precariously on my office chair as it slowly swiveled from my movement and standing on it, I carefully reached up and unscrewed the light covering dish and lowered the whole piece down. As I was bringing it downward, I felt some stuff brush my face. Dismissing it as dust, I wiped my face and peered into the fixture. To my delight (not), I found all these dead bugs - little pesky ones, and bigger ones. Gross. Surprisingly, I was less grossed out than I should have been, dead bugs on my face and all.

Anyways, I put in the new lightbulbs and now my room is bright and cheery. Hoorah!

Comments

joellen said…
oh gross!!!! i would have totally freaked out and swiveled off the chair! way to keep your cool

Popular posts from this blog

Bringing LeBron to the Bay

dukbukki...but not

no soda makes allison crazie