the jig is up

1. i am so ready to be done with 1L. In sum, it hasn't been a completely miserable year but I am absolutely relieved to almost be done and to make it through in more or less one piece. whew! : )

2. Part of me wants to be impressed with hilary's persistance but forrealz, I think the jig is up sweetie.

3. This afternoon I dashed inside the local liquor store to see if they had my favorite Starbucks iced coffee (it's really good and has about half the calories that their bottled frappuccinno has) and I noticed this scruffy looking guy wandering around the corner looking disoriented. he spoke and i thought he was talking to me, so i paused for a moment. he then turned the opposite direction and started talking to...nothing. "So YOU are the dark side," he said. To be fair, it wasn't a totally misguided comment as he was standing at the edge of the sunshine and the shade and he was turned toward the shade so really, some might say that he was right on the money.

4. I'm totally digging fernando ortega as study music and just as good music. He has a really soothing and uplifting voice - I love his "come thou fount." My mom likes to hum "Jesus Paid it All" and Mr. Ortega's version is really touching. It also seems that he, like me, is a huge fan of the cello music and many of his songs devote time to lengthy interludes and really pretty reprises that showcase its sensitive and beautiful sound. (Ack, that last sentence sounded really pretentious. excuse me.)

happy mother's day eve!!!!

* ___________ *

Comments

alexthegirl said…
just make sure YOU don't go to the dark side. At least not in a liquor store.

Popular posts from this blog

Bringing LeBron to the Bay

dukbukki...but not

no soda makes allison crazie