Where the answer is stretching

I’ve always had awful posture. I can’t hold my back up straight without slinking back down in about two minutes. The other day I was browsing tv in between royal wedding programming and came across a sixty something woman speaking earnestly on PBS. She was promoting her exercise program called Classical Stretch which emphasizes stretching and movement to build strength and ease pain. They showed some clips of a 75 year old, an 80 year old, and another older person, all were faithful practitioners of her regimine- they were out gardening, putting up paintings on the wall, walking briskly, Muay Thai (jk). It was all very impressive and I thought I’d give it a shot because let’s face it, if my lower back is slouching now in my thirties it seemed like I’d only be going steadily downhill from here with no gardening or hanging paintings to be found in my later years.

I borrowed the dvd from the library and made sure to do one of the thirty minute exercises every day. By the third day I was sitting at church and shockingly found myself sitting upright for the entire service, without even being aware of it. I’ve been telling everyone about it. 

Check it out; thank you Classical Stretch!


Comments

CM said…
Nice! Keep it up!

Popular posts from this blog

Bringing LeBron to the Bay

dukbukki...but not

no soda makes allison crazie