User error

Being that Sammy would be only a few months shy of 2 when we brought him back, I figured we didn't need an intense stroller. I did some research and thought about the uppababy stroller but scaled down and ordered something else the week before we left. It was compact, it had a big sunshade, it reclined, it arrived in time for our trip, done.

We spent the next week and a half battling with this stroller in Seoul. It just had an awful turning radius (non existent) and terrible handling. I rationalized that it didn't need to turn like a BMW, but we were tilting Sammy back on the rear two wheels to do any sort of turn. Not that it stopped me from clutching coffee and making awkward approaches with one free hand, but boy was I muttering the entire time. I had words and they were going on amazon. 

Fast forward a few months and we are bringing this cart out stateside, I'm still muttering. We were at the mall today and I see a display of strollers. I give the pretty uppababy a few test pushes, marveling at its ease and maneuverability - as I'm thinking about putting Sammy in it to see how it handles with weight a saleswoman approaches and offers to show me how it collapses. I watch her collapse it and gesture to my own cart bemoaning how it doesn't turn. She looks down at the front wheels and does a few clicks and tells me the front wheels have been on lock. You know that opening sequence in space odyssey 2001when the monkeys start to use tools and the trumpet theme is blaring? It was like that. It was a whole new world. 

Drums pounding, I literally grinned all the way out the store, swerving because I could.  The saleswoman waved after me, "remember me!" and I waved back. The freedom!

Comments

Unknown said…
Lol, this made me smile. Glad your stroller is now working "properly". :)

Popular posts from this blog

Bringing LeBron to the Bay

dukbukki...but not

travels to the desert, part 5