coconut oil

I had been on a paleo diet kick for a few weeks before I caved in and had a sandwich at work. All day I was surrounded by melted tasty sandwiches and one day I was so hungry so I gave in and ate one. That was the beginning of the end.

One of the food products the paleo diet promotes is coconut oil, as opposed to vegetable or olive. I bought a jar of coconut manna (basically whole coconut flesh) in a jar:
and ate flakes of it when i needed something creamy or fatty to eat throughout the day, or mixed it in with blueberries. Coconut oil settles on the top so I decided to use it one day for stir frying bok choy. It was ... weird. I kept on telling myself that it was perfectly fine and with mind tricks, TASTY, but in the end I couldn't shake that it tasted like macaroons. macaroons are a fine and swell, but not with bok choys. 

SIL grace had told me that coconut oil is a great skin moisturizer. i was a little apprehensive because i imagined that it would be really thick and goopy and would clog pores. well friends, it turns out that it is great. if you don't mind smelling like a macaroon, it's fabulous. the initial putting the oil on your face is a little weird, but if you spread it on evenly, it absorbs nicely on your skin that I think has evened my skin tone. that, and coconut oil is the OG sunscreen and has been the tried and true method for people worldwide for thousands of years. there are recipes out there to make sunscreen by mixing zinc oxide, coconut oil, and shea butter, but i haven't tried it yet. 

happy coconutting! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bringing LeBron to the Bay

dukbukki...but not

no soda makes allison crazie