streaming
This past month I have been the proud beneficiary of a one month trial with Netflix. I had streaming privileges and really enjoyed finding random documentaries to watch, and if I'm going to be honest, episodes of "Monk." (I LOVE that show.) But as with many good times, it had to come to an end and unless I wanted to be charged the kingly sum of $7.99/ month, I had to cancel that thing before they started billing my credit card.
My trial also happened to coincide with the implementation of new payment schemes that, understandably so, caused netflix to have 600,000 less subscribers now than it had in june. the headline to this article was "netflix raises fees, subscribers streaming out." (good one, sfgate.) i submitted my cancellation request this afternoon and received the following, kind of sad, email:
We're sorry to say goodbye
Dear Allison,
We're canceling your membership just as you asked, effective Friday, September 16, 2011.
We hope you enjoyed the service – and we'd love to have you back someday.
–Your friends at Netflix
Comments