the recipe called for a light sautee-ing of a cornstarch and water mixture to result in a nice base for the curry sauce. i guess i was too heavy handed on the cornstarch and made a puffy pancake instead.
I'm not really that into basketball, or any sports for that matter. I have a few phrases that I obnoxiously insert into sports conversations just so I can feel involved with the conversation. Back in high school, I had random comments about Final Fantasy X that I like to think impressed boys: "wasn't the underwater soccer so cool?" Same goes for March Madness - "I love how unpredictable college basketball is - you can never really tell who's going to win." Don't judge me, I had a small life. Anyways, these have been the comments I've been carrying as of late: "the Lakers don't have a very deep bench." "Rondo needs to make more 3's." "Man, too bad Bynum's injured." Two guys at work were talking about last night's game, talking about who knows what, and then they somehow got into talk about LeBron. I know LeBron from the cute puppet commercials he does with Kobe, and his pink lemonade bubblicious gum. H...
Hi All! (all...four of you haha) I am always on the lookout for a good soba noodle recipe - one of my favorite lazy meals is to chop up some assorted vegetables (zucchini, carrots, onions, bell peppers, etc etc) and to stirfry it with soba noodles in some sort of teriyaki sauce, and it's good for like, three days! Anyways, I found this recipe on smittenkitchen: spicy soba noodles with shiitakes. http://smittenkitchen.com/2007/08/so-good-soba/ I was feeling extremely frugal and didn't want to spring the three bucks to buy chili paste and decided to make do with the lee kum kee garlic chili sauce that I had at home. photo credit: smitten kitchen *my noodles did NOT look like this haha basically, i overcooked the cabbage, didn't have sesame seeds, and for some reason it was very very soupy at the bottom, which I'm not sure is supposed to happen, but because the picture above feels distinctly arid, I think i messed up there too. I also think that not having the correct chi...
i was walking home from safeway today with half a donut in my hand and half in my mouth when i realized that i have been eating a lot of junk lately. soda, chips, candy, all the usual vending machine delights. not to mention all the milk tea i've been indulging in. i am disgusting. i blame the maritime journal office. we have a small snack table that sells snack size doritos and cheetoes for 25 cents and canned soda for 50 cents. i have been assured that these are near to at cost prices. because it's just downstairs from my locker, i have no problem with going down there before i eat my lunch and grabbing a soda to go along with my meal, or grabbing a bag of chips as a midday snack. it's just too easy. milk tea is delicious, no doubt. if demanded of me, i would readily live off of shelled peanuts, string cheese, and peanuts. and the occasional orange to ward off scurvy. so even though i have to walk a little ways to get to quickly's and get a nice milk tea, i will do it...
Comments