for the sake of back health

i spend a great majority of my day sitting. In a perfect world, I could instead spend my day calmly walking around with a milk tea in my hand and a donut in the other. But as it is, I spend a lot of time sitting.



The chair in my rental unit is really really unergonomic. It has a hard seat with no cushion, no back support, no support at all really. The only thing is is conceivably good for is if you had to stop somewhere to tie your shoe. That is all it is good for. Though it has been okay for the past year or so, I think I'm getting older and my back is crying out to me.



In a slightly different perfect world, I would dash off of to the herman miller store and get one of those super chairs that are supposed to be a perfectly magical sitting experience. but reality shuttles me back down and who honestly has nine hundred dollars to spend on a chair? Not I!



So I placated my back by trying to just spend significant sitting times at the library, where there are better chairs that make me sit up straight and all that other good stuff. But it's nice to be able to sit at home and study and other things.



To make this already dragging story shorter, on a whim I popped into officemax on the way home and bought a new office chair. It was much more economical than herman, but is still comfy in a way that I can look forward to sitting in it in the morning. Now, I was stubborn and instead of being a normal person and waiting for someone to load the chair into their car for me, I decided to haul the awkwardly shaped box home, all 11 kilograms of it, all eight blocks home. I thought my arms were going to fall off - but we both made it home in one piece. I quickly assembled the sucker and tadah! a new chair:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bringing LeBron to the Bay

dukbukki...but not

travels to the desert, part 5