heyyyyyy
just for kicks i logged into my calmail account and can you believe it still works? I always thought that these accounts died within a year of graduation, but I'm going on two years now and it is still viable. not that i really use it or anything, but i'm still pleased that it works.
i was walking home from school yesterday and i noticed these little rectangular pieces of paper strewn all over the sidewalk. I bent down to look at one of them more closely and the word "benevolent" was typed out. The one next to it said "sycophant." Putting two and two together, I wagered that someone was studying vocabulary words for an upcoming SAT test. : For the next two blocks there was a new word every two feet or so. I'd like to imagine that a high school junior had been practicing her words all the way home from the grocery store after purchasing a bright orange pumpkin to carve later that night with her younger sibling. After mastering the vocabulary word, she would jubilantly throw that word up in the air and it would float effortlessly to the paved ground, much like the fallen autumn leaves that also rested peacefully upon the cement. Highly unlikely, but lovely nonetheless?
I think I'm going to get a burrito for dinner tonight. The local Safeway near my rental unit puts on a weekly Friday five dollar special where its customers can purchase various deli items for a discounted price. I got the rotisserie chicken yesterday for five bucks, but the thought of eating it for another meal makes me queasy at the moment.
happy autumn everyone!
i was walking home from school yesterday and i noticed these little rectangular pieces of paper strewn all over the sidewalk. I bent down to look at one of them more closely and the word "benevolent" was typed out. The one next to it said "sycophant." Putting two and two together, I wagered that someone was studying vocabulary words for an upcoming SAT test. : For the next two blocks there was a new word every two feet or so. I'd like to imagine that a high school junior had been practicing her words all the way home from the grocery store after purchasing a bright orange pumpkin to carve later that night with her younger sibling. After mastering the vocabulary word, she would jubilantly throw that word up in the air and it would float effortlessly to the paved ground, much like the fallen autumn leaves that also rested peacefully upon the cement. Highly unlikely, but lovely nonetheless?
I think I'm going to get a burrito for dinner tonight. The local Safeway near my rental unit puts on a weekly Friday five dollar special where its customers can purchase various deli items for a discounted price. I got the rotisserie chicken yesterday for five bucks, but the thought of eating it for another meal makes me queasy at the moment.
happy autumn everyone!
Comments